Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Reverse French Manicure

This weekend I decided to be a bit more creative with my nails and attempt a reverse french manicure. I had two different images as inspiration in my head as I did this. First was this really beautiful manicure I saw on Instagram, the other was this "Nail Art for Chipped Tips" blog post I read on Glitter, she wrote.


I used one coat of Sally Hansen 'Petal Pusher' as the regular french base and one coat of OPI 'French Quarter for Your Thoughts' as the tip. Like the blog post above suggested, I used paper reinforcers on the nail to make a perfect circular tip. Best suggestion- paint each tip one at a time, removing each reinforcer before the nail dries. I was always curious what worked better, leaving tape on until dry or removing it immediately. Apparently removing it immediately is the best option.


I'm really happy with how this turned out. Something I like about the reinforcers is the adhesive is not as strong as basic scotch tap, so when you remove them it's easier on the bottom layer of nail polish. I think I'll be using them more often in the future!

Have you attempted a reverse french manicure? Have any tips or tricks for a finer finish in the future? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading, 



No comments:

Post a Comment