Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birchbox - January 2013

Today I am hosting a little party for some of my friends. We'll do our nails and eat good snacks and cocktails. This is my idea of a perfect party. I hope I remember to take pictures.

On Monday I received my January Birchbox. They also sent me an email this week and apparently this was my 9th Birchbox- time flies. (I got 20% off in their store to celebrate.) Each box is hit or miss- I've gotten a few things in my that I really love, some things I'll never use. But for $10 a month I'm always satisfied with them just because it is so fun to have a small well wrapped packed to open each month.

So here's this month's goodies:

This month's box - theme "Best Year Ever"


Left: DDF Acne Control treatment. I tried this on one blemish the other night. I couldn't tell if it made a difference yet. I like the idea of blending and Acne treatment with Witch Hazel to sooth. 

Right: Embryolisse: Lait Creme Concentre 24 Hour Miracle Cream- I put this on yesterday morning. Birchbox has really hyped this stuff up but so far it just seems like thick face lotion to me. I'll continue to use it and keep you posted. 



La Fresh Waterproof Makeup Remover Cloth- This was the "Beauty Extra". I'm not a fan of only getting one cloth, it makes me hesitant to use it incase I need it for another day! 

Aeire Shimmer Fragrance- I was surprised to see an Aerie (as in American Eagle's body line) product in my box. The perfume sample came wrapped in shiny material. Other than that the actual perfume is not shimmery. (That's probably a good thing.) 

To be honest, I keep all of my little perfume samples from Birchbox in a small cup in my bathroom. They are more of a decoration since I don't use perfume very often. 

theBalm cosmetics, Hot Mama- A "two-in-one blush and highlighter". I've put it on twice this week. I'm trying to get myself used to wearing blush again after not using it for so long. We'll see how I like it! I received their Mary-Lou Manizer a few boxes ago and I tried to use it but it was a failure. I think I like this little sample a bit more. 

A good box, but I don't think any of these items will become part of my favorites collection. Perhaps I'll share some of my all time favorite Birchbox Samples in an upcoming post. I should buy a few of them full sized before my 20% of coupon expires next week! 

What did you receive in your Birchbox this month? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment